Many people have been inquiring about the Writers' Workshop program we will be running during the afternoons of the first week of the program this summer (June 20th-June 24th).
We wanted to solidify the details and secure our teachers before posting about the workshop, and we very much appreciate your patience! We are ready to fill you all in!
Each of the five days will be a different workshop, so students will gain experience in five different styles of writing! The five workshops will be:
- "Show Us Your Character"- a workshop in visual literacy, where our students and teachers will use images to propel writing.
- Fractured Fairytales- a workshop in which students will study traditional fairy tales then have an opportunity to create their own versions of these well-loved stories.
- Word Clouds- students will learn several ways to incorporate word clouds into their writing and learning.
- Songwriting- students will be led in the art of writing lyrics to be put to music.
- Letters to the Next President- students will focus on writing for purpose and put their pens and pencils to papers to write to our next President in order to share their perspectives on the issues and topics that affect our country.
We are very excited about each of these workshops and can't wait to share them with you! We will be providing more information about each one in the next couple of weeks, so keep checking in!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.